Thursday, December 14, 2006

Update from Finland

I am now writing in the teacher's room of ISBM in Santala, Finland (near Hanko). Just returned from a prayer meeting and I am very encouraged! Finnish people are very sincere and calm. I couldn't understand what they were saying to our Lord in their language, but I trust God has no problems with it - even if we call out to Him from all corners of this world in all languages you can imagine! It's Pentecost all over again and I am enjoying it!
This morning I will share a Bible study about Revelations 1 - One Like a Son of Man. It is really a blessing to be able to do this. Preparing the study was a blessing in advance and now I can't wait to share this treasure with my Finnish brothers and sisters.
Yesterday we had a 'Holland' meeting in church. About 15 dedicated Christians were attending the presentation and they were very interested and asked good questions. This is a small Evangelical church, but the people have a big vision for the world. Every now and then they invite a foreigner to tell them about his or her country, so that they are well-informed if they pray for other parts of the world and the Kingdom. Isn't that a great example for us all? It is such a privilege to be part of the world-wide body of Christ. I love Jesus and I love his Church! Greetings from Finland and thanks for your prayers.

"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One, I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades" Revelation 1:17-18

1 comments:

Cori said...

What a great opportunity - always encouraging to meet up with Christ-followers across the globe and realise that His kingdom is at work all over the place!