Sunday, June 22, 2008

So we're out...

Dutch football hero Ruud van Nistelrooij looks into the camera during our national anthem. I didn't go to Switzerland to take this pic, I was sitting at home on the couch, watching the game and taking a screen shot with my new Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS camera.
I haven't been blogging for a while, because I was too busy living my life :-) And of course I wanted to see the games with our great orange football team. The Dutch did well during the first round, beating Italy (3-0), France (3-1) and Romania (2-0) and finishing on top of the 'group of death'. But a great team from Russia, coached by Guus Hiddink from the Netherlands (thank you, Guus) kicked us out of the tournament yesterday and I have to admit they really deserved to win. So: come on, Russia!
I like football, but I am not as mad as some of my neighbours (see picture below).
The day after the night before...

Now I am hoping that the Russians will win the European Championships. But Spain and Turkey have great teams too. We all know of course that Italy or Germany will have the last laugh - as always. Playing bad games but winning tournaments is also a quality, I guess.
But you know what? This week I will go to France for a vacation with my family. And the French people don't want to discuss football either, so we're okay.
Check out my photo blog for some new pics and as always, feel free to leave a comment here or over there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Russia is a great team. I thought Holland would win though.