Thursday, November 23, 2006

There will be no mistakes in Heaven

"When I get to Heaven, I shall see three wonders there. The first wonder will be to see many there whom I did not expect to see; the second wonder will be to miss many people who I did expect to see; the third and greatest of all will be to find myself there." John Newton (writer of the popular hymne Amazing Grace)

After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. Revelation 7:9

For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! Ezekiel 18:32

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

2 comments:

Art said...

Amen! God is Good! Happy Thanksgiving from the U.S.

Paul said...

Hi Art - no Thanksgiving in the Netherlands, I am afraid. But: I do have a thankful heart throughout the year! "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done." Psalm 105:1
Happy Thanksgiving!