Monday, October 08, 2007

My Very Own Easter Island Moai


So, here it is: my very own Easter Island Moai - made out of a gigantic Dutch potato and photographed twice against the background of a real Easter Island scenery on my laptop screen. You all have just a couple of days to beat me (until October 15, 2007 to be precise.) You still have a chance to claim this fantastic price: eternal fame in blogosphere! Vicki will be the Judge and Jury - so you better make sure that you come up with something really impressive and artistic! Click on the labels below to find out all about this. Come on, blog friends - don't let me down! Make a Moai statue and upload a pic on your blog. Leave a comment here to let us know about your contribution to this global fun project.
I will be in Frankfurt for the next couple of days to attend the Book Fair. I hope to be back on Saturday and of course I do expect to see some new entries for this exciting competition. What are you waiting for? And maybe Mike can try to get in touch with some islanders?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Paul! Great carving of an Easter Island Moai! I didn't realize that you were so artistic!

Thanks, also, for googling the bit of prose I had on my blog...I usually go to Google first, but it just slipped my mind this time.

Have a safe trip!

Art said...

That's great, Paul! I doubt I'll have time to make one myself but I'll check on the results.

Carol Douglas said...

Wow--finally some real competition. And I am off to New York City so can't possibly make another entry, even if we had potatoes in the house.

It's a beautiful thing, Paul.