Thursday, October 23, 2008

Impressions from Texel

Tomorrow we will be back home, but I am sure that I will come back to this beautiful island again! Texel is the largest Wadden isle and the only one belonging to the province North Holland (which is where we live). I have been here twice as a little boy, so it was about time for me to return. The only other Wadden isle that I know from personal experience is Ameland. I would like to visit all the Wadden isles (including the German ones!) to take some more photographs...

Sosha still has pain in her right leg and foot - she wasn't able to do as much as she wanted to, but all in all she had a good time here too. We do hope that she will soon recover completely so that she will be able to play soccer again and join us with all family activities.

I want to share these panorama pics with you - I took these photographs today during a long walk along the north side of the isle. The first pic has a strange bend in the horizon - it is hard to avoid this with an automated digital photomontage and such a wide angle! Please visit my photoblog if you want to see some more! (Click pics to enlarge)

For those of you who want to find out more about the Waddensea and Wadden isles (Texel, Vlieland, Terschelling, Ameland and Schiermonnikoog) - please click here

0 comments: