Thursday, November 22, 2007

Cheer up, England fans!

Last night my TV screen was so disturbed by the red and white checkered Croatian football jerseys (see pic left) that I had to take some drastic action. I shouted at the referee, grabbed another beer, fine-tuned my TV set – but all to no avail. The game England vs Croatia was a terrible spectacle to watch... if you support the England team, that is. And the strangest thing happened, because as long as I held up my hands with the remote control, the British were winning, but whenever I lowered my hands, the Croatians were winning. Can you believe that? I have to admit that at the end of the day my arms were too tired and due to a lack of local supporters I finally had to give in and switch to another channel.

So, English football fans, please don’t blame goal keeper Scott Carson and coach Steve MacClaren – poor guys – they were not the only ones letting you down last night.

Some words of encouragement for all the England fans:

Always look on the bright side of life! There will be plenty of other sports to watch in the Olympic year 2008. But if you can’t afford to miss the European Championships (on TV, I mean, of course) you can always support the Netherlands. Our cool new shirts do look much better now – see below: Dutch strikers Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Ruud van Nistelrooy. Yep, they are as sharp and dangerous as they look.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

s a Brit I can only say England deserves what they got.
One day they may decided to field a good team.

Carol Douglas said...

Hey, Moses, it ain't all about you...

Actually Doug does the same thing when the Buffalo Bills play, but it never works.