Monday, June 18, 2007

Listen to his voice

You can follow a stranger for a while without noticing that he is leading you astray. Listen to his voice. Do you hear words of truth, mercy, wisdom and forgiveness? No? You are not following the Good Shepherd. Do you see a shepherd who is going ahead of his flock, who is leading by example, who is protecting and guiding, who is making sure that his sheep are safe and sound? No? You are not following the Good Shepherd. Read more here

My Good Shepherd

When did I leave you and why?
Each time I thought
The other fields were greener
I saw these tempting meadows
Ate poisonous weeds
Until I got
So sick of it all

When did I leave you and why?
Every time I heard
Some stranger’s voice calling
Ignored your words of wisdom
And went my stupid way
Until I got
So desperately lost

When did I leave you and why?
Each time I failed
And had to learn the hard way
Found out that I got tangled up
In bushes full of thorns
Until you came
And rescued me again

0 comments: