Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pentecost Experience

I want to give you a Pentecost experience - well, sort of. Travel with me around the globe and hear God's people praising! We have different nationalities, different looks, different styles and different languages, but we are one in the Spirit!

The first clip comes from down under - because Australia's Hillsong is leading a revolution in church music and they want the world to know that Jesus is our Saviour!

Now let's go to South America. Salvador
is singing and playing for Jesus with a Latin passion. Listen to their song of longing, based on this beautiful Psalm. But maybe you prefer to listen to Norwegian gospel from the Oslo Gospel Choir performing live in the Netherlands? If that’s too sweet for your liking, turn up the volume for some nice Christian tunes played by a band from another Scandinavian country - enjoy Finland’s heavy metal band Oratorio.

If you are still with me, let’s go to Africa and I'm sure you will fall in love with Sonnie Opute from Nigeria who is singing about the Lord with a reggae beat The Lord is in Your Heart. Amen, my brother! Love Africa and love Jesus? Then I trust you will love this song from Congo too! Alleluia Amen!

If instrumental jazz on the piano is more your kind of music – sit back and listen to this. We all know that many black people love Jesus with heart and soul. Listen to this man who sings for Jesus (and for his mother). And although the next song is played in an Opera House by Anthony Walker, it is not opera music but a smooth jazz rendition of Mary Mary's I Just Want To Praise You! (Shackles - just ignore the first beep and the test screen, it will get better...)

We started with Hillsong in Australia, but their church in Kiev, Ukraine rocks too, so let's go there now! Do you still have time left for some close harmony gospel by 4 guys from the Philippines? (Unfortunately some other people in the room just can't shut up...)

And last - hopefully not least - do you like to hear two contributions from my little country? This is a country trail band, singing in a traditional Dutch reformed church (My Jesus, I love You, I Call You My Friend!) and these Dutch brothers and sisters from Bethel Free Baptist Church are Friends of God too. Imagine what it will be like when we are all singing God's praises in Heaven! Blessed Pentecost to you all!

PS And let me know if there's some music video I really must add to this global praise selection!

1 comments:

John said...

Paul,

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes, and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" (Rev. 7:9-10).

Thanks for the preview of coming attractions! It is an humbling thought that strikes me every Sunday that I am joining a chorus of praise that is rising from almost every corner of the earth.

John