Thursday, May 17, 2007

Stain Glass Masquerade

Would your arms be open or would you walk away?
Or would the love of Jesus be enough to make you stay?

Is there anyone that fails, is there anyone that falls, am I the only one in church today feeling so small? Cause when I take a look around everybody seems so strong. I know they'll soon discover that I don't belong. So I tuck it all away like everything's OK. If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too. So with the painted on grin, I play the part again, so everyone will see me the way that I see them.

Are we happy plastic people under shiny plastic steeples with walls around our weakness and smiles to hide our pain? But if the invitation's open to every heart that has been broken maybe then we'll close the curtain on this Stain Glass Masquerade.

Is there anyone who's been there? Are there any hands to raise? Am I the only one who's traded in the alter for a stage? The performance is convincing. We know every line by heart. It's only when no one is watching can we really fall apart. But would it set me free if I dare to let you see the truth behind this person that you imagined me to be? Would your arms be open or would you walk away? Or would the love of Jesus be enough to make you stay?

Are we happy plastic people under shiny plastic steeples with walls around our weakness and smiles to hide our pain? But if the invitation's open to every heart that has been broken, maybe then we'll close the curtain on this Stained Glass Masquerade!

Lyrics and music by Casting Crowns

2 comments:

Paul said...

Panda said...
I just love this song!

Let's be open about our weaknesses and let's throw away the black list with names of people we secretly want to exclude from Jesus love!
You know what? I am struggling, I am failing, I am falling and I need Jesus' forgiveness like any other human being.

JESUS LOVES THE ONES YOU HATE

Rev Phil said...

Great Post